Council of Ministers Regulation No. 187/2010
COUNCIL OF MINISTERS REGULATION TO
PROVIDE FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF
DEFENSE CONSTRUCTION DESIGN ENTERPRISE
This Regulation is issued by the Council of Ministers pursuant to Article 5 of the Definition of Powers and Duties of the Executive Organs of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Proclamation No. 471/2005 and Article 47(1)(a) of the Public Enterprises Proclamation No. 25/1992.
1. Short Title
This Regulation may be cited as the “Defense Construction Design Enterprise Establishment Council of Ministers Regulation No. 187/2010”.
1) The Defense Construction Design Enterprise (hereinafter the “Enterprise”) is hereby established as a public enterprise.
2) The Enterprise shall be governed by the Public Enterprises Proclamation No. 25/1992.
3. Supervising Authority
The Ministry of National Defense shall be the supervising authority of the Enterprise.
4. Head Office
The Enterprise shall have its head office in Addis Ababa and may have branch offices elsewhere, as may be necessary.
The purpose for which the Enterprise is established are:
1) to engage in design and contract administration activity mainly to satisfy the national defense construction needs;
2) in parallel, to engage in the construction of roads, dams, irrigation infrastructures, buildings and other consulting, design and contract administration works;
3) to engage in any other related activities necessary to the attainment of its purposes.
The authorized capital of the Enterprise shall be Birr 30,000,000.00 (Thirty Million Birr) of which Birr 11,575,000.00 (Eleven Million Five Hundred Seventy Five Thousand) is paid up in cash and in kind.
The Enterprise shall not be liable beyond its total assets.
The Enterprise is established for an indefinite duration.
9. Effective Date
This Regulation shall enter into force on the date of publication in the Federal Negarit Gazaeta.
Done at Addis Ababa, this 28th day of July, 2010.
PRIME MINISTER OF THE FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC
REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA