Council of Ministers Regulation No. 186/2010
COUNCIL OF MINISTERS REGULATION TO PROVIDE
FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF DEFENSE
CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS MANUFACTURING
This Regulation is issued by the Council of Ministers pursuant to Article 5 of the Definition of Powers and Duties of the Executive Organs of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Proclamation No. 471/2005 and Article 47(1)(a) of the Public Enterprises Proclamation No. 25/1992.
1. Short Title
This Regulation may be cited as the “Defense Construction Materials Manufacturing Enterprise Establishment Council of Ministers Regulation No. 186/2010.”
1) The Defense Construction Materials Manufacturing Enterprise (hereinafter the “Enterprise”) is hereby established as a public enterprise.
2) The Enterprise shall be governed by the Public Enterprises Proclamation No. 25/1992
3. Supervising Authority
The Ministry of National Defense shall be the supervising authority of the Enterprise.
4. Head Office
The Enterprise shall have its head office in Addis Ababa, and may have branch offices elsewhere, as may be necessary.
The purposes for which the Enterprise is established are:
1) to engage in the manufacture and supply of reinforcement bars and structural steel, wooden and metal products, concrete and other construction materials using modern and new technology for defense construction and others;
2) to engage in any other related activities necessary to the attainment of its purposes.
The authorized capital of the Enterprise shall be Birr 500,000,000 (five hundred million birr) of which Birr 128,341,631 (one hundred twenty eight million three hundred forty one thousand six hundred thirty one birr) is paid up in cash and in kind.
The Enterprise shall not be liable beyond its total assets.
The Enterprise is established for an indefinite duration.
9. Repealed Regulation
The Zuqualla Still Rolling Mill Enterprise Establishment Council of Ministers Regulation No. 26/1998 is hereby repealed.
10. Transfer of Rights and Obligations
The rights and obligations of Zuqualla Still Rolling Mill Enterprise established under the Council of Ministers Regulation No. 26/1998 are hereby transferred to the Enterprise.
11. Effective Date
This Regulation shall enter into force on the date of publication in the Federal Negarit Gazeta.
Done at Addis Ababa, this 13th day of August, 2010.
PRIME MINISTER OF THE FEDERAL
REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA