FEDERAL NEGARIT GAZETA OF THE FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA 6th Year No. 26 Addis Ababa – 9th March, 2000
PROCLAMATION No. 198/2000 A PROCLAMATION TO AMEND THE ANIMAL, ANIMAL PRODUCTS, AND BY-PRODUCTS MARKETING DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY ESTABLISHMENT PROCLAMATION
WHEREAS, it has become necessary to amend the proclamation provided for the establishment of Animal, Animal products and By-products Marketing Development Authority;
NOW, THEREFORE, in accordance with Article 55(1) of the constitution of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, it is hereby proclaimed as follows:
1. Short Title
This Proclamation may be cited as the “Animal, Animal products and By-products Marketing Development Authority Establishment (Amendment) Proclamation No. 198/2000.”
The Proclamation provided for the Animal, Animal Products and By-Products Marketing Development Authority Establishment Proclamation NO. 117/1998 is hereby amended as follows:
1. The “Animal, Animal Products and By-Products Marketing Development Authority,” referred in the proclamation is replaced by and, shall be referred to as the “Livestock Marketing Authority.”
2. Sub-Article (1) of Article 2 of the Proclamation is herby deleted and replaced by the following new Sub-Article (1):
“1. “Livestock” means Cattle, Sheep, goat, Camel, Poultry, Pig, Bee and which the Authority may designate as “Livestock”, and for the purpose of this proclamation shall defined under Article 2 Sub-Articles (2) and (3) of the proclamation;”
3. The following new Sub-Articles (5) and (6) are added under Article 10 of the proclamation.
“5. Following the basic principles of the federal civil service laws, prepare and submit, to the government, the organizational structure and salary scale, a directive for the employment and administration of professional staff of the Authority, and follow up the implementation of same upon approval;
6. Approve the appointment and dismissal of department heads proposed by the manager.”
4. Sub-Article 2(b) of Article 11 of the proclamation is hereby deleted and replaced by the following new Sub-Article 2(b):
“b) Employ and administer the Professional staff of the Authority in accordance with directive approved by the government and other staff of accordance with the federal civil service laws;”
3. Effective Date
This Proclamation shall enter into force as of the 9th day of March, 2000.
Done at Addis Ababa this 9th day of March, 2000.
NEGASO GIDADA (DR.)
PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA