Art 4. __ Jurisdiction as regards offences.
(1) The courts mentioned in the third column of the First Schedule to this Code shall have jurisdiction to try the offences mentioned in the first and second columns and impose the punishments provided by law.
(2) The Minister may by order published in the Negarit Gazeta alter or vary the first schedule.
Art. 5.___ Persons to be tried.
(1) No young person (Art. 53 penal code) may be tried together with an adult.
(2) No member of the Armed forces my be tried together with a civilian except for an offence which does not come within the jurisdiction of a military court.
Art. 6. __ Area of jurisdiction
Courts shall exercise local jurisdiction in accordance with the provisions of Art. 99-107.
Art. 7 ___ Appellate jurisdiction
Courts shall exercise appellate jurisdiction in accordance with the provisions of Arts. 182.
Chapter 2 Public prosecution Department and police
Art. 8 powers of public prosecution department.
(1) The Advocate General, the Deputy Advocate General and the public prosecutors shall be responsible for carrying out the duties imposed on them under this code.
(2) The public Prosecution department may in the discharge of its duties give the necessary orders and instructions to the police and ensure that the police carry out their duties in accordance with law.
Art. 9 Duties of the police.
The police shall in accordance with the provisions of this code assist the public prosecution department in
(a) Preserving the preventing crime;
(b) Discovering the commission of offences;
(c) Apprehending offenders; and
(d) Prosecuting offences when members of the police are appointed as public prosecutors.
Art. 10 Police public prosecutors.
Where a member of the police force is appointed as a public prosecutor he shall carry out the instructions of the public prosecution department.