Art. 713. – Games and gambling.
1. The provisions relating to insurance shall not which are in the nature of games or gambling.
2. Without prejudice to the provisions of Art. 714, shall not give rise to valid claims for payment apply to operations games and gambling.
3. Where a person capable under civil law has spontaneously paid a debt arising out of a game or gambling in which no fraud has been committed, such person cannot claim back the sum paid.
Art. 714. – Defence based on game not admissible.
1. A defence based on game shall not be admissible in respect of stock exchange speculations, even where such speculations are liquidated by paying the differences, and regardless of the profession and intention of the parties and of the importance of the speculations.
2. A defence based on game shall not be admissible in respect of games or gambling connected with sporting activities but the court may reduce the amount claimed where it thinks it to be excessive.
3. A defence based on game shall not be admissible in respect of any lottery or betting authorised by the government.