COUNCIL OF MINISTERS REGULATIONS No. 74/2001
MOTOR VEHICLES AND TRAILERS
IDENTIFICATION, INSPECTION AND
REGISTRATION (AMENDMENT) REGULATIONS
These Regulations are issued by the Council of Ministers pursuant to Article 5 of the Definition of Powers and Duties of the Executive Organs of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Proclamation No. 4/1995.
1. Short Title
These Regulations may be cited as the “Motor Vehicles and Trailers Identification, Inspection and Registration(Amendment) Regulations No. 74/2001.
The Motor Vehicles and Trailers Identification, Inspection Registration Regulations No 360/1969 (as mended) is hereby further amended as follows:
1) The word “Ministry” is deleted and replaced by “Authority”,
2) Sub Article (12) of Article 3 is deleted and replaced by a the following new Sub Article (12):
“12) “Defence Force Vehicle” shall mean any motor vehicle or trailer owned by the National Defence Force of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.”
3) Sub Articles (3) and (5) of Article 6 are deleted. Sub-Articles (4) and (6) are re-numbered as Sub-Article (3) and 4 respectively.
4) Sub-Articles (2) and (4) of Article 13 are deleted. Sub-Articles (3) and (5) are re-numbered as Sub-Articles (2) and (3) respectively.
5) Sub-Articles (4) and (6) of Article 28 are deleted. Sub-Articles (5) and (7) are re-numbered as Sub-Articles (4) and (5) respectively.
6) The following new Articles 50 and 51 are added and the former Articles 50, 51 and 52 are re-numbered as Articles 52, 53 and 54 respectively.
“50 Vehicles to be registered by the Authority
The Authority shall follow the favourable organizational set-up to conduct annual registration and technical inspection tomotor vehicles:
1) engaged in cross-country road transport service;
2) owned by diplomatic missions or international organizations; and
3) owned by the Federal Government.
“51 Defence force vehicle
1) The Authority may, pursuant to these Regulations, delegate the Ministry of National Defence, to issue title certificate book, plates, and annual stickers to vehicles owned by the Ministry.
2) Without prejudice to the provisions of Sub-Article (1) of this Article, plates issued to the National Defence Force vehicles shall be different from the colour and letter combinations specified on schedule “B” of these Regulations.
7. Schedules “A” and “B” are deleted and replaced by new Schedules ”A” and “B”
8. A new Schedule “C” attached hereto, with a heading “pictorial representation of plate” is added.
3. Effective Date
These Regulations shall enter into force as of the date of their publication in the Federal Negarit Gazeta.
Done at Addis Ababa, this 29th day of June, 2001.
PRIME MINISTER OF THE FEDERAL
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA