COUNCIL OF MINISTERS REGULATION TO
PROVIDE FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF DEFENSE
This Regulation is issued by the Council Ministers pursuant to Article 5 of the Definition of Powers and Duties of the Executive Organs of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Proclamation No. 471/2005 and Article 47(1)(a) of the Public Enterprises Proclamation No. 25/1992.
1. Short Title
This Regulation may be cited as the “Defense Construction Enterprise Establishment Council of Ministers Regulation No. 185/2010”.
1) The Defense Construction Enterprise (hereinafter the “Enterprise”) is hereby established as a public enterprise.
2) The Enterprise shall be governed by the Public Enterprises Proclamation No. 25/1992.
3. Supervising Authority
The Ministry of National Defense shall be the supervising authority of the Enterprise.
4. Head Office
The Enterprise shall have its head office in Addis Ababa, and may have branch offices elsewhere, as may be necessary.
The purposes for which the Enterprise is established are:
1) to engage in any construction activity mainly to satisfy the national defense construction needs;
2) in parallel, to engage in the construction of roads, dams, irrigation infrastructures, buildings and other construction works in the country;
3) to engage in any other related activities necessary to the attainment of its purposes.
The authorized capital of the Enterprise shall be Birr 800,000,000.00 (eight hundred million birr) of which Birr 276,438,724.00 (Two Hundred Seventy Six Million Four Hundred Thirty Eight Thousand Seven Hundred Twenty Four Birr) is paid up in cash and in kind.
The Enterprise shall not be liable beyond its total assets.
The Enterprise is established for an indefinite duration.
The Defense Construction and Engineering Enterprise Establishment Council of Ministers Regulation No. 148/2008 and the Kality Construction and Construction Materials Production Enterprise Establishment Council of Ministers Regulation No. 149/2008 are hereby repealed.
10. Transfer of Rights and Obligations
The rights and obligations of the Defense Construction and Engineering Enterprise established under the Council of Ministers Regulation No. 148/2008 and the rights and obligations of Kality Construction and Construction Materials Production Enterprise established under the Council of Ministers Regulation No. 149/2008 are hereby transferred to the Enterprise.
11. Effective Date
This Regulation shall enter into force on the date of publication in the Federal Negarit Gazeta.
Done at Addis Ababa, this 28th day of July, 2010
PRIME MINISTER OF THE FEDERAL
REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA