COUNCIL OF MINISTER REGULATION
TO PROVIDE FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF AGRICULTURAL MECHANIZATION SERVICE ENTERPRISE
It is found necessary to re-establish Agricultural Mechanization Service Corporation as an Enterprise.
Hence, This Regulation is issued by the Council of Minister pursuant to article 5 of the Definition of Powers and Duties of The Executive Organs of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopian Proclamation No. 4/1995 and Art-47/1/(a) of the
Public Enterprises Proclamation No. 25/1992.
1. Short Title
This Regulation may be cited as “Agricultural Mechanization Service Enterprise establishment Council of Minister Regulation No. 97/2004.”
1. There is hereby established the Agricultural Mechanization Service Enterprise (hereinafter referred to as the “Enterprise”) as a public Enterprise.
2. The Enterprise shall be governed by the Public Enterprises Proclamation No. 25/1992.
3. Supervising Authority
The Public Enterprise’s Supervisory Authority shall be the supervising authority of the Enterprise.
4. Head Office
The Enterprise shall have its head office in Addis Ababa and may have branch offices elsewhere as may be necessary.
The objectives for which the Enterprise is established shall be:-
1. To render agricultural mechanization services on rental bases:
2. To render agricultural machinery maintenance services on rental bases:
3. Making available for sale farm implements and spare parts from home and abroad:
4. Giving agricultural machineries and implements on rental bases;
5. To render farm produce and farm inputs transportation services on rental bases:
6. To introduce the utilization of modern farm implements by being the transmission belt of modern agricultural technology;
7. Providing Training and Consultation Service on a better and effective utilization of farm machines in consideration:
8. To engage in any other related activities necessary for the attainment of its purposes.
The authorized capital of the Enterprise shall be Birr 20,580.861.27 (Twenty million five hundred thousand eight hundred sixty one and cents twenty seven) of which Birr 11,269,201.27 (Eleven Million two hundred sixty nine thousand two hundred one and cents twenty seven) is paid up in cash and in kind.
The Enterprise shall not be liable beyond its total assets.
The Enterprise is established for an indefinite duration.
9. Transfer of Rights and Obligation
The rights and obligations of Agricultural Mechanization Service Corporation established by Enterprise.
10. Effective Date
This Regulation shall enter into force on the date of its publication in the Federal Negarit Gazeta.
Done at Addis Ababa, this 1st day of February, 2004
PRIME MINISTER OF THE GOVERNMENT OF THE FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA