COUNCIL OF MINISTERS regulation NO. 28/1998
COUNCIL OF MINISTERS REGULATION TO PROVIDE
FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE TEA PRODUCTION
AND MARKETING ENTERPRISE
These Regulations are issued by the council of Ministers pursuant to Article 5 of the Definition of Powers and duties of the Executive Organs of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Proclamation No. 4/1995 and Article 47(1) (a) of the Public Enterprises Proclamation No. 25/1992.
1. Short Title
These Regulations may be cited as the “Tea Production and Marketing Enterprise Establishment Council of Ministers Regulation No. 28/1998”.
1. There is hereby established the Tea Production and Marketing Enterprise (hereinafter ‘the Enterprise’) as a public enterprise.
2. The Enterprise shall be governed by the Public Enterprises Proclamation No. 25/1912.
3. Supervising Authority
A body to be designated by the Government shall be the supervising authority of the Enterprise.
4. Head Office
The Enterprise shall have its head office in Addis Ababa and may have branch offices elsewhere, as may be necessary.
The purposes for which the Enterprise is established are:
1. To engage in the processing of tea;
2. To engage in the marketing of processed tea;
3. To engage in any other related activities conducive to the attainment of its purposes.
The authorized Capital of the Enterprise is Birr 22,928,000 (twenty two million nine hundred twenty eight thousand Birr) of which Birr 11,463,686 (eleven million four hundred sixty three thousand six hundred eighty six Birr) is paid up is cash and in kind.
The Enterprise shall not be held liable beyond its total assets.
The Enterprise is established for an indefinite duration.
9. Effective Date
These Regulations shall enter into force on the date of their publication in the Federal Negarit Gazeta.
Done at Addis Ababa this 20th day of February, 1998.
PRIME MINISTER OF THE FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC
REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA