COUNCIL OF MINISTERS REGULATIONS NO. 21/1997
COUNCIL OF MINISTERS REGULATIONS TO PROVIDE FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF EMERGENCY RELIEF TRANSPORT ENTERPRISE
These Regulations are issued by the Council of Ministers Pursuant to Article 5 of the Definition of powers and Duties of the Executive Organs of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Proclamation No 4/1995 and Article 47 (1) (a) of public Enterprises Proclamation No. 25/1992.
1. Short Title
These regulations may be cited as “Emergency Relief Transport Enterprise Establishment Council of Ministers Regulations No. 21/1997.
1. There is hereby established an Emergency Relief Transport Enterprise (hereinafter the ‘Enterprise’) as a public Enterprise.
2. The Enterprise shall be governed by the public Enterprises Proclamation No. 25/1992.
3. Supervising Authority
A body to be designated by the government shall be the supervising authority of the enterprise.
The purposes for which the Enterprise is established are:
1. to render relief freight road transport services for consideration;
2. To render any development and commercial freight road services for consideration when relief freight is not available;
3. without prejudice to the purpose stated in sub Article (1) of the Article, to engage in any other transport services;
4. to engage in other related activities necessary for the attainment of its purpose.
The authorized capital of the enterprise is 46,051,040 (forty six million, and fifty one thousands and forty Birr) of which Birr 40,925,017 (forty million and nine hundred twenty five thousand and seventeen Birr) is paid in kind.
6. Head Office
The Enterprise shall have its head office in Addis Ababa and may have branch offices elsewhere, as may be necessary.
The Enterprise may not be held liable beyond its total assets.
The enterprise is established for an indefinite duration
9. Effective Date
These Regulations shall come into force on the date of the publication in the Federal Negarit Gazeta.
Done at Addis Ababa, this 30th day of October 1997.
PRIME MINISTER OF THE FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC
REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA