COUNCIL OF MINISTERS REGULATIONS NO. 119/2005
COUNCIL OF MINISTERS REGULATIONS TO PROVIDE
FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF CONSTRUCTION
WORKS & COFFEE TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT
This Regulation is issued by the Council of Ministers Pursuant to Article 5 of the Definition of Powers and duties of the executive organs of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Proclamation No. 4/1995 and Article 47 (1) (a) of the Public Enterprises Proclamation No. 25/1992.
1. Short Title
This Regulation may be cited as the “Construction works and Coffee Technology Development Enterprise Establishment Regulation No. 119/2005”.
1. It is hereby established the Construction works and Coffee Technology Development Enterprise (hereinafter the “Enterprise”) as a Public Enterprise.
2. The Enterprise shall be governed by the Public Enterprises Proclamation No. 25/1992.
3. Supervising Authority.
A body to be designated by the Government shall be the Supervising Authority of the Enterprise.
4. Head Office
The Enterprise shall have its head office in Addis Ababa and may have branch offices elsewhere, as may be necessary.
1. To engage in construction works as a General Contractor Unilaterally or in joint ventures;
2. To lease Construction Machineries and Equipment;
3. To engage in the Construction and Maintenance of Coffee Cherry Pulping and dry coffee hulling stations;
4. To manufacture, Assemble and Import when necessary Coffee cherry pulping and dry coffee hulling machines and other agricultural implements and distribute same;
5. To engage in the manufacturing and marketing of wooden and metallic Construction materials and to undertake agricultural implements maintenance services;
6. To engage in other related activities necessary for the attainment of its objectives.
The capital of the Enterprise is Birr 14,718,830.00 (Fourteen Million Seven Hundred Eighteen Thousand Eight Hundred thirty birr) which is paid in cash and in kind.
The Enterprise shall not be held liable beyond its total assets.
The Enterprise is established for indefinite duration.
9. Transfer of Rights and Obligations
The rights and obligations of the Coffee Technology Development and Engineering Enterprise, which was established by regulation No. 150/1993, are hereby transferred to the Enterprise.
Coffee Technology Development and Engineering Enterprise Establishment Council of Ministers Regulation No. 150/1993 is hereby Repealed.
11. Effective Date
These Regulations shall come into force as of their publication in the Federal Negarit Gazeta.
Done at Addis Ababa, This 22nd day July/2005