COUNCIL OF MINISTERS REGULATION NO. 30/1998
COUNCIL OF MINISTERS REGULATION TO
PROVIDE FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE
WUSH WUSH TEA DEVELOPMENT ENTERPRISE
These regulation are issued by the council of Minsters pursuant to Article 5 of the Definition of Powers and Duties of the Executive Organs of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Proclamation No. 4/1995 and Article 47 (1) (a) of the Public Enterprises Proclamation No 25/1992.
1. Short title
These Regulations may be cited as the “Wush Wush Tea Development Enterprise Establishment Council of Ministers regulation No. 30/1998.
1. There is hereby established the Wush Wush Tea Development Enterprise (hereinafter ‘the Enterprise’) as a public enterprise.
2. The Enterprise shall be governed by the Public Enterprises Proclamation No. 25/1992.
3. Supervising Authority
A body to be designated by the Government shall be the supervising authority of the Enterprise.
4. Head Office
The Enterprise shall have its head office in Wush Wush and may have branch offices elsewhere, as may be necessary.
The purposes for which the Enterprise is established are:
1. To engage in the development of tea plantation:
2. To engage in the preliminary processing of tea;
3. To engage in any other related activities conducive to0 the attainment of its purposes.
The authorized Capital of the Enterprise is Birr 41,506,000 (forty one million five hundred six thousand Birr) of which Birr 20,752,586 (twenty million seven hu8ndred fifty two thousand five hundred eighty six Birr) is paid up in cash and in kind.
The Enterprise shall not be held liable beyond its total assets.
The Enterprise is established for an indefinite duration.
9. Effective Date
These Regulations shall enter into force on the date of their publication in the Federal Negarit Gazeta.
Done at Addis Ababa, this 20th day of February, 1998.
PRIME MINISTER OF THE FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC
REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA